“Meet The Sweets” Tickets Now On Sale On The Web–Come Enjoy An Evening Of Food, Fun And Music Sunday, June 28, 2009
Having trouble scheduling a trip to buy your Meet The Sweets tickets. Your life just got simpler. You can buy tickets on the web at Brown Paper Tickets. It’s fast, convenient, and a portion of the modest service charge goes to support charitable organizations. There is no excuse now for missing a fabulous summer Sunday evening meeting the sweets.
How sweet will this evening be?
- Sweet Cheeks Winery hosts our evening on their lovely terrace overlooking the lovely Briggs Hill Valley. They are featuring their superb Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and other fine wines.
- Sweet Briar Farms will be offering sausage and filing sandwiches with pulled pork cooked at their farm.
- Sweet Creek Foods is plating a selection of preserved foods, including a fine salad nicoise made with their succulent tuna.
- Sweet Water Farm And Nursery–Oh, those vegetables, salads, and breads. This is the time of year when the veggies emerge from the fields and land on our plates in a matter of hours.
- Sweet Life Patisserie–Is there a better end to a summer evening than strawberry shortcake and chocolate?
We’ve also lined up Ken Luker, a local guitarist who has shared stages with Steppenwolf, Eric Burdon, The Drifters, Ray Stephens, and the Coasters. You can learn more about Ken and hear samples of his music on his web site, kenluker.com.
This event is brought to you by Slow Food Eugene and the Willamette Valley Sustainable Food Alliance. A portion of the proceeds will help support the School Garden Project Of Lane County and the Farm To School Program.
Here Are The Details:
Date: Sunday, June 28, 2009
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: Sweet Cheeks Winery, 27007 Briggs Hill Rd
Eugene, OR 97405, (541) 349-9463. Get directions.
Bring: Your smiling self, friends, and family and your own plates and flatware. If you have a hankering to picnic, bring a blanket for sitting on the grass.
Cost: $25 per person, includes dinner and a glass of Sweet Cheeks wine or another beverage. Slow Food members will receive a ticket for an additional glass of wine or serving of your choice.